This recipe from the Lexington Farmers Market sounds like a January supper that you might want to try!
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a shallow roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper; stir to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are browned. Reserve 1 cup of roasted potatoes.
- In a 3 quart saucepan heat remaining oil; saute onions for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and garlic and stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.